My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Hello Everybody. Thank you all for the birthday wishes that I received through email and Facebook. It means a great deal to get messages from friends and family while so far from home. There are few things better than a short email or note from family while deployed. I learned this important lesson during my first deployment in 2003. I have told the new Soldiers to do their best to keep in touch with family back home especially for those who are away from home for the first time. Summer camp does not count. I am hoping that my next update will be from an airbase, as I make my way home. Till that future day, I am still cooling my heels at COP Lowell. Hopefully someone will start a blog and carry the torch into the new year. To those family members from Apache Troop, just keep working on your boys and they might run with it. Or you can do what a family friend did for my wife and I: make a blog for us both then threaten bodily harm if we didn't update it. Yes Mhairi I am talking about you. :D Best wishes to you all. Take care and stay cool through the dog days of summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger nicole82mom said...

I am trying to convince my fiancé to carry it on, but he is really not much of a writer :) congrats on finally getting to go home. Thank you so much to you and katie! Your blogs have made the idea of this deployment more bearable!!

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home