My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

In Memoriam


Last June, we had to say goodbye to a good Soldier. I didn't know him personally as I came late to Legion Co, but my platoon medics knew him pretty well. SPC Lowell was killed in action early in our deployment. Thankfully he has been the only combat casualty this deployment. Last deployment, I knew 7 of those killed in action. We held a ceremony on Monday renaming COP Kamu to COP Lowell in his honor. During the eulogy, which was given by CPT Page, the wind picked up for only a few moments. It was a profound moment for everyone there. Even though I didn't know him, I dedicate this note, to a fine Soldier and friend to many in the company. To SPC Lowell, you are gone but not forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home