My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another Friday, another week down

Hello everybody. Another Friday has come and gone. And today is Sunday, barely noticed. Amazing how one day rolls right into another one, in one great big gigantic blur. So, another week, not much to report. Went for a couple walks, greeted the new doc who is going to help treat locals in the area, and started a new character in World of Warcraft. Walks are always fun though it is starting to get warm. When we got here last year, by July I had lost 10 pounds so here we go again. Doc Pederson arrived from Germany and is excited to be here. The word is already starting to get around that we have a Family Practice doc in Kamu; my days are certainly going to be exciting if they weren't already. As for World of Warcraft... as Katie can attest, I do not play computer games all that much. I was a slave to the original Nintendo, proof in that I beat the secret level in the Zelda after you type in the Princess' name backwards. Aside from this I have played the Age of Empires Trilogy but that's about it. Warcraft is fun, takes a lot of time, and some of my Soldiers play which is cool. I may not be into Xbox, but this online game is another way to connect with the hardcore gamers of Kamu.
The highlight of everyday is chatting with Katie online. We chat about stuff, finances, the latest cookware from Williams Sonoma and the bed room set we would like to have when we move stateside. Whatever the conversation, it is just nice to be able to spend some time with her everyday. Thankfully our time in Afghanistan is drawing to a close. It will be nice to chat with Katie, in person, while kicking her butt in a Phase 10 match. (Now if only I could sneak a 2nd deck, then I might actually win). There is so much to look forward to when I leave the near East. Best part is once I leave the Near East it will not be long after till I cross over the Pond for good after 5 years. It will be an awesome day. But till that day, I take one day by blurry day at a time. I wish you all well. Take care and best wishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home