My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Friday, April 11, 2008

Long week

Good evening everyone. This week has been lackluster at best. It has been raining off and on since Monday, with no signs of letting up. Everyone is a bit anxious that the weather might cancel our mail delivery. Here’s hoping that it flies regardless of the thunder bumpers. We haven’t gotten mail in sometime so it will be nice to get some. Thankfully the Internet has been working well so email is pretty regular and I do my best to keep up with Facebook.
Today, Friday, was a bit of a down day. Our brothers in arms, the Afghan National Army (ANA), had a friendly fire incident this morning. One of the Soldiers discharged his assault rifle killing a friend. The Soldier did not make it; there was nothing I could do. I would like to tell the ANA med team that there are people thinking of the two families; despite our differences in faith, I am sure they would appreciate the prayers.
On to happier news, Katie is doing well. She discovered yesterday that she does not have to go to Germany for her MRI, and is quite excited about this. The Italian facilities are not as good as at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Kaiserslauter, Germany, but it is close and does not involve a rather long bus ride, to say nothing of an early morning. Kate does not like early mornings. Stud and I are the morning people, course I do have to go to work at 5.30 in the morning when not deployed, and Stud, well he’s just Stud. Hopefully Katie’s MRI will be okay and she can get her surgery just before her holiday in England. She is looking forward to it. She has promised to find some biscuits, and then promptly hide them when she gets back home. I give them 3:1 odds of making it to when I get home. Katie, if you read this, I love you. 
April is steadily marching on. At this time, there is approximately 16 weeks left in the deployment. As you all know, I cannot state specific dates, but I am hoping to be with Katie before summer’s end. I will be sure to call as soon as I can with the happy news. Till that future day, thanks to everyone who has sent an email and/or added me as a friend on Facebook. I hope you are all well and wish you the best. Take care and God speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home