My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Thursday, June 12, 2008

R.I.P. my old friend

Today was a sad day. A day when I had to put down an old trusty friend who has been by my side for a decade plus one. He first joined me on my travels starting way back in La Ciudad de Mexico in 1997. He had a certain bling back in the early days when he was young and hip. Alas as all things go, he and I both started showing our age in Iraq 2003. Like me, he wasn't so quick to get started, was cranky at times when pushed too hard, though he proudly showed his scars and various dings. Chicks dig scars after all. He also made a brief foray to the United Kingdom with my wife, but was eventually replaced by a hipper companion. So now after eleven years together, my dear friend failed to rally this morning. I guess he was as tired as I was pretending to be a Rough Rider under Roosevelt for over a year now. So today, I dedicate this blog to an old and trusty friend, one who will be fondly missed. To my dear friend, Mr. Canon Powershot A70 (June 1997- June 2008), thanks for all the memories. Rest in peace my old friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home