My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hoenfels

Hello everyone. I am into the second phase of training and am that much closer to coming home. The next couple days will be spent getting our new soldiers ready for Afghanistan. And there is a lot to learn. Today was our first day and very quickly discovered that 3/4 of the company had never worked around a helicopter. Helicopters are our primary means of getting around the mountains down range. The new guys are learning the ropes rather quickly but they have to overcome a steep learning curve.
On Katie's blog she asked for prayers. She isn't sure if she wants to stay in Italy for the deployment alone without me and far from all of you, her support while I am gone. I can certainly understand this. Please pray for her; I am certainly doing so. Thank you.
To all, I wish you well. Can't wait to see you when Katie and I come home in April. Till then, take care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So I am gathering that you are going back to Afghanistan for a year? Am I correct? When does this all take place? Praying for both you and Katie. ~Karen~

3:54 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

HI MICHAEL SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU KATIE SAID YOU HAD A COLD SO HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER WE ARE SURE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR VIS IN APRIL LEARN ALL YOU WILL NEED FOR RETURN TO COMBAT { CANT SPELL THAT A COUNTRY!!} AND HURRY HOME SOMEONE MISSES YOU AND NOT JUST THE CAT !! LOVE YOU MOM

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home