My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to Work, & First Husband Panic Attack

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. Thankfully this month is within the recovery phase. I only have to work Tues and Wed. Still, I have to get up at 5am and be at work at 6 for physical training. Yippee. Katie will be joining me so that she can attend PWOC at 9. She already has my woobie (poncho liner) packed for tomorrow. :)
Tonight during dinner I had my first real panic attack as a husband. We were sitting at the kitchen table when I went to start playing with ring. After 5 months of marriage fiddling with my ring has become a habit. Only tonight when I went to play with it, it wasn't there. It may be just a titanium ring, but I am old fashioned and it is a constant reminder of the promise I made to an amazing woman and one whom I love dearly. At that point, dinner was over. I immediately began to think back to where I had it last. So after about an hour turning the house and garage upside down, my ring is now safe back on finger. In fact, I have gone so far as to tie my wedding band to my ring finger using the gut from a parachute cord. Katie thinks that may have been ridiculous, but, hey, this is me we are talking about. So, with my ring securely tied to my finger, panic attack over, I am going to have a cup of coffee and help Katie with the dinner dishes.
I wish all the best, and have a pleasant evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Caryn said...

Mike that's hysterical. I can just picture you both searching around the apartment looking for the ring. I'm glad you have the wisdom enough to know this is the first of many husband panic attacks and I'm sure she'll misplace her ring too and have similar wife panic attacks. Just give her time. Love and miss you both. Welcome to the world of blogger.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

MICHAEL ,MICHAEL YOU ARE FUNNY ! IF THATS AS BAD AS IT GETS YOU ARE IN GREAT SHAPE !! LOVE YOU MOM

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home