My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Markets

Katie and I have been laying low since my return from Germany. This past weekend we enjoyed a little time together. We had been wanting to go to the Italian Christmas markets in the Veneto. The closest that we knew of where in Marostica and Bassano del Grappa. Marostica is where the human chess game is played every even year. I took Katie there and she enjoyed the festival. It is one of the more unique events in Italy. The market there was rather small which was dissapointing. It did have a small ice skating rink just off the chess board piazza; when I asked Katie if she wanted to skate she said, 'no way Jose.' Don't worry, I'm stubborn and will keep asking her if she wants to go ice skating, skiing, snowboarding, sky diving etc. :) We then went to Bassano del Grappa, which is one of my favorite towns in the Veneto. I have included a link to the Commune di Bassano. There are pages in English. It is a nice town just south of the Dolomite foot hills. The Christmas market there was very nice. There were multiple stalls with various Christmasy acoutrement. I bought a few things for our tree, Giuseppe. It is starting to look like a decent tree, all be it a puny one. Katie and I would have like to go to Verona and Venice, but we don't have enough time before Australia.
I hope you are enjoying the final days to Christmas. It is definetly an exciting time of the year.
P.S. Mom, if you go to the Christmas tree shop please think of our little tree. You have been great help in decorating our apartment for the holiday season. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hello Michael. Read on Katie's blog that you guys should be touch down soon. Have a great vacation and a very Merry Christmas! Love, Karen

11:20 PM  
Blogger Mom said...

IM GLAD THAT GUISEPPE LIKED THE TRINKETS! IT WAS FUN SHOPPING MY MOM SAYS THAT ANY DAY THAT I PART WITH MONEY IS A RED LETTER DAY!! ENJY AUSTRALIA AND THE FAMILY WE ARE THINKING OF YOU LOVE BOTH MOM

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home