My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Monday, October 19, 2009

Care packages

Hello everybody. I assure you this post will have a happier tone than my last post. The deployment is progressing as well as it can. Some days go faster than others, but thankfully I have settled into a mindless routine. I wake up, check email, play a video game (or nap if there is no Internet), have raymen for lunch, work off the raymen in the afternoon, check email again, eat dinner, then sleep. There is very little deviation from this cycle. Not much excitement here I am afraid.
There are a couple sources of excitement every now and then: an email from Kate, a chance to chat on Skype for a few minutes, and mail. I have received packages from Katie, but now I am starting to receive other packages. The most recent packages are the reason why I am updating my blog. Andrew and Patti sent a most welcome box. It included some of my favorite snacks: Doritos, Pop Tarts, Cup of Noodles, raymen and Clifbars. The box was promptly squirreled away into my wee living space and unlike Hammy, I will not forget where I put it. The other box was a complete surprise. Rich Bond sent a box of canned goods which are now proudly displayed on the kitchenette shelf. Some of the cans have already disappeared. The fruit that was included is in Andrew and Patti's box as fruit of any kind is hard to come by. Rich is a fellow veteran of a foreign war, and we were able to chat about a great many things during our stay in NY during pre-deployment leave. We were all gathered together as a family to celebrate Sarah Knaggs' dedication. Any chance I have to meet family and get to know them better are great times. As a Soldier, I don't get very many opportunities to do that, and that is something Rich as a fellow Soldier can understand.
Thank you Andrew, Patti, Rich and my darling wife who have sent packages so early in the deployment. Your generosity is very much appreciated. I hope you are all well and I look forward to hearing from you again soon. Take care and God speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home