My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Care Packages and Correspondence :)

Hello Everybody. :) I know it has been some time since I updated my blog. Course, it hasn't been as long as others. hint hint This update finds me at another camp, thankfully with a more reliable net. I will not be here long, so I am taking full advantage when I can. Having said that I still only get a few minutes at a time, hence writing this in my hooch to be uploaded later. I wanted this update to thank people who have sent vittles and voiced their support.

1. Karen Chamberlain - my birthday present which arrived yesterday, thank you very kindly. I will nail it to a wall once I find one. Till then, it is currently resting beside my camo teddy bear in my foot locker.
2. Ms. Ellie - it was a welcome surprise to get what we call pogie bait in the Army: munchies and crunchies to eat when you get sick of the mess hall, when you can't possibly eat one more MRE, for bribery when trying to get out of guard duty, or as is more the case, when you are bored out of your mind. Thank you Ellie for a means of escape as well as a poignant reminder of friends at home.
3. Katie - I received my Amazon box, to much fanfare. Seems within moments everyone wanted to watch Rome Season 1, course with the snide remarks they kept making about Stargate, all they will get is Feivel Goes West. :) Thank you sweetheart.
4. Nana - I received the box shortly before I had to move. The box has finally caught up with me. Thank you very much for the vittles. They will be gone in short order.
5. Mom and Dad Maxwell - thank you for the continued correspondence, it means so much to get letters from home. As Katie is fond to remind me in her emails, the day to my leave is fast approaching. I look forward to being home and spending time with you.

One common request in all my gifts from home is what can people send. Doritos, cliff bars, pop tarts, twizzlers, and anything that needs hot water i.e. Raymen noodles, cup o noodles. To the dear heart who sent me instant alfredo pasta, thank you very much. This particular food groups' salt content rivals the Dead Sea, but I don't care, its good. Truth be told, I am grateful for anything you send. If I don't eat it, I know plenty of guys who will. Not everyone receives packages like I do. I definitely share the love; as long as they don't touch my poptarts or Doritos. :)

Thanks again to everybody. I hope you are well. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home