My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Going Home

'Going home, to see my baby.' Great line from a song, one of the best. Don't know the rest of the words, but my dad used to sing this line all the time. Tomorrow I leave Germany enroute to Italy. This has been a long month, away from good food, hot showers, decent coffee, and most importantly, Katie. I am so looking forward to going home and being with her. Once I get back, we will get ready for block leave. All dates are tentative so far. I expect to show up one morning, stand in formation and here the First Sergeat say, 'Thanks all folks, go home.' At which point a miracle will happen: a whole company of soldiers will disappear simultanously. Sweet.
As a final epilogue for Hoenfels and Grafenwohr, a lot of soldiers write on the latrine walls. I can't do that so here is my final salute to the mud pit of Germany.... Peace! I'm out of here. :D

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Happy Easter Michael!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home