My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft Bragg, NC, United States

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Gowardesh




Hello everybody. I am still getting settled in at Camp Liebert. This past week has been relatively uneventful, save for a nasty sunburn. I forgot that being at 7ooo plus feet means you burn faster. Oops.


We have been on two patrols into the local communities: Gowardesh (1 &2) and Daba. The people are very friendly and receptive. I wish they lived a bit closer. It took us 3 hours or so to get down from our mountain, through the valley, across the river 8 times and up into thier mountain valley, roughly 5 kilometers. Fun. My legs shook for a good 20 minutes once I put my gear down. Course now I can tell my future kids that I actually did walk up hill both ways, in the mud and cold, and liked it. Ok, not so much the last part. The Army is all about character building exercises and this certainly was one.


I want to let you all know that I am doing ok, and am looking forward to coming home. I know I am only into the second week of this deployment but I am ready for it to hurry up and get over with. Please pray for Katie while she is at home. I miss her daily and look forward to when we can be together again. Till my next post, take care and God speed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

It was so great to hear your voice today baby!! Only 20ish more weeks to go!!! Not that anyone's counting!! Luv ya loads!! Stay out of the sun - help is on it's way at least in the form of aloe

10:05 PM  
Blogger David and Julie Robbins said...

Mike and Katie,

How cool it is to find both of your blogs! I have had so much fun catching up on what has been going on in your lives! Congratualtions on the wedding two finer people could not have ended up together! I look forward to reading more. Praying for you both.

David Robbins

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home